CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Nominations Committee of Better Foundations & Futures, Inc. will now accept expressions of interest for our 2021-2022 Board of Directors. Qualified individuals are invited to submit their nominations via video no later than 5pm on Wednesday, September 01, 2021.
The following seats are open:
5 Potential Additional Board Seats
As a Member of the Board of Directors of Better Foundations & Futures, Inc., you will have a legal and ethical responsibility to ensure that the Organization does the best work possible in pursuit of its goals. You must also believe in the Vision and the Mission Statement of the Organization, and act responsibly and prudently as its steward. A position on the Board of Directors of Better Foundations & Futures, Inc. is a Volunteer position. This means that, if you accept the role, you will perform all duties on a voluntary basis and will neither receive remuneration, payment for your work, nor reimbursement of expenses.
This is a 12-month term from October 01, 2021 - September 30, 2022.
The role of the board is to:
• Establish the mission, goals and policies of the organization, what we should accomplish and how we should conduct ourselves in the process.
• Develop a long-range plan for the organization; define our strategy and a time frame for achievement of our goals.
• Ensure the long-term financial stability and strength of the organization, develop and maintain sources of income to provide for the continuing operation of the organization.
• Ensure the long term organizational stability and strength of the Organization, bring into the organization individuals with the necessary abilities to lead and manage the organization in the future.
• Maintain the integrity, independence and ideals of the Organization; do not allow individuals or organizations to compromise these principles.
• Hire and develop an executive director to manage the operations of the organization.
• Exercise management oversight of the executive director and the operations, approve annual budgets,
review operating and financial results, audit for compliance with internal policies and external requirements, review performance against goals.
The responsibilities of a Board Member are to:
• Be committed to the mission, goals and policies of the organization.
• Perform the functions and work of the board to the best of one’s ability.
• Contribute financially to the organization to the best of one’s ability and seek financial support from others outside of the Organization.
• Recommend others who could serve on the board or be of particular value to the Organization in other capacities.
• Avoid any conflicts of interest and situations that would compromise the principles of the organization or lead to the perception of compromise.
• Be knowledgeable about the organization, the services it provides and the renal community in which it operates.
You must attend and actively participate in monthly Board and Committee meetings.
You must read and respond to all emails/correspondences within 24-48 business hours.
You must complete and submit all expected reports timely.
You must make a meaning financial contribution to the organization annually.
You must assist the Organization with promotions, activities, fundraising, etc.
Please complete a self-recorded interview video and these questions found HERE.
After your video has been reviewed, if you are asked to move to the next step in the process, you will be notified by an Office of the Board of Directors.
Our Election will be held in mid-September by current Member of the Board and we will formally announce our 2021-2022 Officers on October 1st. If you are elected, you will be notified immediately after the Election and you will be provided information regarding the onboarding process, including orientation and Board training.
Nominations will close at 5pm on Wednesday, September 01, 2021.If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.